Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Update

I have had lots of people asking about adoption progress, so I thought I would write a little update.

Our papers were sent to the US consulate in China 2 weeks ago. We are waiting for them to give us what they call "article 5" approval. Once we get that, the consulate will send the article 5 to the CCCWA (China center for children's welfare agency) We will then be waiting for the CCCWA to issue our "travel approval." Once we get the travel approval our agency will start making all the necessary government appointments so that we can finalize the adoption in China. When all the appointments are made, we can start planning our trip.
The travel coordinator at our agency thought that traveling in March might be unlikely because he doesn't think we will get our approvals soon enough to get appointments scheduled in time to go in March. I have been PRAYING that he is wrong. I am praying that the paperwork gets approved quickly and we can get our trip planned for March. If you would all pray for paperwork to get approved quickly I would so appreciate it. Also, if it isn't God's plan for us to go get Cora in March, please just pray for me to relax and be patient that it will all happen in God's time. I keep reminding myself that God's timing is perfect....but I am human after all, and I am getting a bit impatient with this whole process. I just want our sweet girl in my arms where she belongs.

1 comment: