So I just happened upon one of my very very favorite songs from high school! I found the song and video on YouTube. It isn't so much the words of the song that I loved....more the tune, but as I recall, I spent many a time in the car listening to this "cassette tape" while driving with friends, and singing the song at the top of our lungs! So can you picture my excitement when I heard this song again after......13 years. (Yes, I am old....I have been out of high school for 13 years now, but that is not the point of this post.)
I want you to picture the look on my children's faces when their (somewhat old) mommy was totally jammin out to this song today.... I will admit I have played it at least 10 (maybe 20) times and I have sang and danced every time. The kids have even decided (I think) that Mommy is not being weird at all, but instead they think that Mommy is being lots of fun. They have joined me in my singing and dancing.
Thank you Lord for providing this very fun moment with my children today....and for the fun trip down memory lane for me!
Here it is....ENJOY!
Love, Katie
I know I commented when you posted this on fb, but I just now watched the video. It is crap...but the song is still GREAT! It is so funny to me how much we all LOVED this song in high school, because nobody knew it when I got to college. I went out and bought the cd and made all of my friends listen to it again and again and again. We would sit in our dorm with the song on repeat. How is it that this song didn't make it past LS? :) I mean, were we really that cool? :)
ReplyDelete(Don't answer that..)