So to make our lives more interesting.....Owen has discovered a love of climbing. He can now climb up and down the steps like a pro. His very favorite thing to do is climb on the chairs in the kitchen, and from there he loves to climb on top of the table. The other day he tried to scale the front of the dishwasher and get on the counter. The same day he also tried to scale the front of the oven door and get on the counter that way. Luckily, both of those attempts were unsuccessful, but I am sure those failures will not make him quit trying. He is so, so busy. I am learning from him that I didn't fully appreciate that my older 2 were not "climbers." Here are a few pictures of Mr. Busy.

He climbed on the chair and dug in my purse to find one of his
favorite toys.....mom's cell phone.

Getting into the cereal box.

Here he thought he would just join Grace for breakfast. Of course, she encouraged this behavior by sharing her breakfast with him.

See what I mean.....busy, busy boy. I have decided that....1-I have either forgotten how busy the other kids were at this age. 2-I am just old, and have trouble keeping up. or 3- He is much more busy than the other kids were at 16 months old. Whatever the answer....I love this busy boy, but he sure does make me tired. ;-)
Love,
Katie
Looks like our house! Aniston has been scaling our stove too, and she loves getting on the table, desk, end tables, etc. :) Luckily I'm used to it since all of my kids were climbers...haha!
ReplyDeleteThat Owen sure is a cutie!
We have one of those too!! Tate has some sort of owie on his face to show for it all the time...as soon as one thing heals, he tries some other new adventure and gets another scratch or bruise! I feel your pain, Mama. :)
ReplyDelete