Thursday, May 27, 2010

A little bit of randomness

I am not feeling creative today so I just decided to put up some random pictures from yesterday. So here goes....


Ethan came in last night yelling...."Mom, I picked some flowers for the dinner table!" So our table last night was graced with some beautiful hand picked "flowers" in a quite beautiful vase don't you think!!??



I took a picture of this because it made me laugh. For those of you that don't have a dog...that ladies and gentlemen is a "pooper scooper." It is not the actual scooper that made me laugh. It is where my dear husband decided to keep it that made me chuckle.

This is my feeble attempt at "photography." I was attempting to be creative and just see what happened, but I was soon summoned by Owen on the baby monitor. Maybe I will try again another day.

The kids and I were so excited the other day to discover we have a robin's nest in one of our trees. Let me explain our excitement.....We have lived in 2 new homes so far in our marriage.....so for those of you that have lived in a new home know.....there is usually no trees or shade. So I was very excited for the nest (of course), but also because we actually have a tree big enough that a bird would actually consider making a home in it!! Yeah for trees!


This is the gorgeous patio table that my husband built. Isn't it pretty!!?? The only problem is....we still don't have any chairs to sit around it. All the chairs I seem to like are pretty expensive, especially after you buy 6 of them....so I guess for now we will just sit around our pretty table in our lawn chairs.




Ethan is checking out the plants growing in our garden. The garden is going fairly well. We (and when I say we, I mean TJ) had to replant the green beans. Plus the spinach didn't come up....I think we planted them to early. The kids are having a lot of fun watching the plants grow. And Ethan even helped pull weeds last night.



I was trying to get a cute picture of Ethan, with the beautiful sky behind him. Ethan wasn't really cooperating though. He just wanted to look away or close his eyes. The whole time he was saying, "Mom, can we go play now?" This was the best picture out of the bunch that I took.



And there you have it.....my very random day in pictures. I also spent several hours cleaning little rocks out of the kids' playhouse. While doing that I discovered several "mouse homes" that were behind their little kitchen set. I decided to take all their little furniture items out to sweep out the whole playhouse. In doing so, I also was horrified to discover a HUGE wasp nest in there. I found a bug fogger that said it killed wasps, and immediately set if off and closed the playhouse door. I will take a picture of it when I am brave enough to go back in there.
Have a great day everyone!
Love,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment