Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Museum and 5 children

We were in MN last weekend for a family birthday party. We left Friday morning, and we took our kids and my 2 nieces that live in MN to the Minnesota Children's Museum . It was such a fun day. The kids got to run and explore and just have a blast. TJ and I loved the fact that at most of their exhibits there was only one way to get in and out.....So we decided since we had 5 kids to keep track of we would "divide and conquer." We took turns at the exhibits. One of us would chase the kids around....mainly Owen just for his safety (and possibly because we couldn't always keep up with the other kids) and the other parent would stand at the doorway to the exhibit to make sure no children made an early exit without us knowing. I thought I would share some pictures of our day. So without further ado......

























The girls are being very protective "mommy dinosaurs" and are protecting their eggs.














Ethan and Gaby were SOOO excited about the dinosaurs!
















Grace crawling through some tunnels in the dinosaur exhibit.






















Owen pointing at the huge T-Rex. I thought he might be afraid of it...but I was wrong.
















TJ and Owen playing in the water. Owen would have stayed at the water exhibit the whole time if he had been given the choice. Notice his wet sleeves? It didn't occur to TJ right away to pull Owen's sleeves up.....but Owen certainly didn't mind.
















Laney, Ethan, Grace and Gaby racing their boats. This was LOTS of fun until some other kids joined in on the fun, and I made them share the boats. What a mean mom I am!














Ethan was not quite sure what to do here.....so I guess he thought it would be fun to put all those bubbles on his head.














After I showed him how to make the big bubbles..... I think he thought his original idea of the bubbles on his head was much more fun.





Other than Owen's big crash I mentioned in my last post....it was a fabulous time! I made several attempts at getting a group picture of all 5 kids, but soon realized this was NOT going to happen. Oh well. We stayed for about 3 hours....I think the kids would have stayed longer, but the adults in the group were getting tired, and we still had swimming at the hotel to fit into the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment