Went to get groceries this morning with all 3 kids and came to this conclusion:
I do NOT like to go grocery shopping with 3 kids tagging along. Throughout the school year, Owen and I went together and would have a great time getting groceries, but it is a totally different experience with all 3 of them. By the time we made it to the check out....I felt like the "mean mom." You know what I am talking about....everyone at some point has seen this woman out and about with all her children....you know the lady that looks very frazzled, and has multiple kids with her that you hear her yelling at for doing anything more than just breathing....yep that was me. Okay so maybe I wasn't yelling out loud....but I was YELLING in my head!
That conclusion lead me to my next conclusion....I need to find a different time/day to get groceries. I might have to start fighting the crowds on the weekends so I could then leave them home with Daddy. Not only does their behavior in the store turn me into "mean mommy," but I also spend way more when they are with me. I had no idea that you could hear the phrase..."Mom, can I have....." so many times in such a short amount of time. I also had no idea I was capable of such bribery.....example, "Well, you can have that if you are quiet, stay right by the cart, and stop picking on your brother/sister."
I do love my children dearly and I thank God daily for picking me to be their mom, but I think next time I will leave them home with Daddy and go to the store by myself.
Have a happy day friends,
Katie
Move out of the way
12 years ago
I can totally relate. :)
ReplyDelete