So I am a total slacker when it comes to blogging....oh well. We have had many happenings since January (which was my last post.) So instead of actually writing posts for all the "happenings," I thought I would just make a list of highlights. Here are a few things off the top of my head:
- 1- We officially applied to Holt International to adopt a little one from China in mid January. They tell us the whole process from application to placement will be 12- 18 months.( We are SO SO excited!)
- 2- Owen turned 2. (My baby is 2....how did that happen?)
- 3- We have had many visits to both sets of Grandparents' houses. We are so blessed that our children have 2 sets of wonderful grandparents that love them dearly and that they live close enough that we get to see them often.)
- 4- The kids have had several opportunities to play with cousins. And have had several play dates with friends.
- 5- We have started our home study for the adoption (2 more visits left)
- 6- We visited the science center.
- 7- We have started daydreaming about names for our China girl.
- 8- I had a bladder infection that turned into a kidney infection and was feeling pretty miserable for several days. Of course it was during the kids spring break....total bummer!
- 9- We have started talking to our kids about them having a new sibling and the basic concepts of adoption. They are very excited about getting a new sibling.
- 10- Grace turned 8. (I don't know how she got to be 8 so quickly!)
- 11- We visited the zoo and got rained on and then hailed on....thank goodness for the shelter that they have by the lion exhibit!
- 12- I am going to start working full time nights instead of just part time nights (boo hoo.) But we can't afford this adoption any other way....so hopefully the increase in hours will only be temporary until we get out little China girl home.
- 13- Grace has started soccer practice already. (I am trying to figure out how I am going to work full time, get the kids to soccer practice and softball and baseball practice and to all the games that go along with it....aaahhhh! Thank goodness for my fabulously helpful husband who is also the greatest dad!)
- I am sure there are tons of things that I have skipped over....but like I said, this was just off the top of my head without to much thought put into it. In all honesty...if I had to put to much thought into it...there would still not be a new post. ;-) Hope everyone has had a great start to their week.... Katie
Ha! I just emailed you asking about adoption...I should have just checked your blog first! :)
ReplyDeleteYAY! I'm so excited for you guys! Praying for you all as you embark on this adventure...what an amazing gift some little China girl will have to be a part of your family!
I've missed you here in the blogosphere! I've been slacking on our family blog too...
Can't wait to hear more, Katie! :)
Katie, what absolutely wonderful news! So thrilled for you, your family and your new child-to-be! So excited this has gone beyond the "thinking about it" stage for you! :) Don't hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can help with--truly! Many blessings to you...
ReplyDeleteLove the highlights...so much in between...a whirlwind adventure for you and your family! I am praying for your child who is so blessed to have you all as family; and I know you all will be blessed to have them.
ReplyDelete