Monday, January 10, 2011

For the unbelievers

So this little story is for the people who don't believe me when I tell them how ornery and naughty my sweet little Owen can be. Also for the mothers out there that only have girls....this is what you are missing.....

So the boys ate lunch today while I was unpacking groceries, and when they were done they ran to go play together in the basement playroom....So I decided to sit down and eat my lunch in peace. They had been playing nicely in the basement for about 10 minutes when I heard Ethan laughing hysterically and Owen squealing at the top of his lungs. These were the sounds that when heard, you know they are up to no good. I head down to the basement to discover water all over the carpet, and Owen is chasing Ethan with a cup from their kitchen set. Upon further investigation and interrogation....I find out that Owen has been filling this cup with water from the toilet and then chasing Ethan with it trying to dump it on him. It took about 10 minutes, several towels, and many squirts of hand sanitizer to get the carpet and Owen's hands all cleaned up. I will never stop being amazed at how fast they can make a mess, and how long it takes to clean up the mess that they made in a flash. I guess that is what I get for the quiet lunch that I enjoyed.

Oh and another note about Owen's naughty streak....When I discovered what was going on, I sternly told him "NO, NO, We do NOT play with the toilet water!" I took the cup away from him, and he chased after me trying to take it back and then hit the back of my leg when he discovered he wasn't going to get it back. Needless to say....Owen took his nap shortly after that! I think the terrible 2's have arrived just a little early.

I just love my kiddos to pieces even though they are naughty sometimes. I guess someday when they have their own kids who act naughty....I can laugh and tell them that they deserve it!

Love,

Katie

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha! Since it didn't happen to me I can say "oh how cute!" But I did have the embarrasing "Lukas peed on my shower curtain" incident at day care (Thank God she's my SIL).

    It always seems like as soon as I get to enjoy a meal, this little man in my life makes sure I'm so rattled by his antics that my quiet meal doesn't sit well in my stomach and I feel worse than if I would have just stood at the counter and scarfed my food down while trying to keep up! :)

    ReplyDelete