Today we explored a little around our hotel in Beijing. We walked around a mall, that was pretty upscale...lots of things that we would find in the USA, and everything was about the same price. We didn't buy anything, but it was interesting. They had SO MANY employees at this mall. I think every 10 feet there was another employee. In the malls we go to...we are often searching for employees to help...not the case in China.We were almost smashed between a car and a bus....pedestrians DO NOT have the right of way in China. It was way to close for comfort for us....apparently to close for comfort by Chinese standards also because the Chinese man walking in front of us (that was also almost smashed) chased after the man in the car yelling at him.
I had my first Squatty potty experience....if I wasn't aware of being far from home before that....I am definitely aware now. Wow...not much else to say about that ;-)
I found snickers while we were out and about!
We ate here last night...do you recognize it? If you said Pizza Hut....you are correct! Pizza tasted very similar to home. The menu was very different though. It was interesting watching our Holt representative (China native) try to eat with a fork....he didn't quite get it. That's fine...because I totally do not have chopstick skills!
This is our hotel all lit up last night.
We left for Hebei Province around 12:30. It was a 4.5 hour van ride. We are that much closer to our Cora...in fact as I type this....we are leaving in 2 hours to go get her!
-katie
No comments:
Post a Comment