Wednesday, October 27, 2010

This one is for my mother

This one is for my mother. From the ages of about 11 to probably 21.....I swore that I would never be like my mother. Well, I hear quite often from my husband that I act like my mother. Today I realized that I had just done something that my mother always does that I SWORE I would never do. I decided to take a picture just to poke fun at myself........




That's right everyone.....my mother for as long as I can remember has rinsed out her plastic baggies, hung them to dry, and then reused them. I have been a loud mouth about this for many years. I thought it was ridiculous.....I mean really how expensive are little plastic baggies???? Seriously.....just throw them away and get new ones, right!!??
Well folks, as you can see from the picture above.....it's official, ridiculous or not......I HAVE TURNED INTO MY MOTHER!
Love,
Katie
P.S. - Love you Mom!

3 comments:

  1. If it was cheapo sandwich bags, I might pick on you. But freezer baggies are definitely worth washing out to reuse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do that sometimes too! Haha! I'm glad I'm not the only cheapskate out there. :) Although just a warning: if you use a freezer bag for its intended use (freezing food), only reuse it for NON LIQUID items. I learned that lesson the hard way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny!! My grandma washes and reuses her tin foil! I could never bring myself to do that...although with gladware I don't think we use tin foil as much as she probably did in her day. Good penny pinching, girl! I am sure your mom is proud! :)

    ReplyDelete